Friday, September 30, 2011

Erotica Vs. Smutica?

Ok, so I will admit it. I don't *really* consider myself an erotic writer, though you will see me identify myself as such from time to time. Why? Well to be honest my view of erotica is more flowery, sensual with sex involved. A bit more hardcore than romance but not the back alley, drop you panties to your ankles and bend over kind of stuff I feel that I write.

Now make no mistake, my stories all have plots, the characters all have personalities, lives so to speak, etc, etc. However I try my hardest to avoid less than trashy terms. Please understand, I LOVE erotica and have read lots and lots of wonderful works. But for writing for me, I enjoy getting very down and dirty. I guess I just like the whole forbidden aspect of it, the naughtiness I suppose.

Now, possibly my definition of erotica is wrong or erotica maybe an umbrella term that covers anything that is naughty, sensual, smutty, trashy, etc. So for my own satisfaction, so there is no mistake about what I write I prefer to say that I write smutica. Silly I know but I think that way there is no mistaking what people are going to come across when they read my work. Very smutty, lots of "dirty" words, etc, etc. It's how I roll. It's how I like to write. Maybe someday I will try my hand (ha!) at something more sensual, but for now I am good taking my characters to the smut world!

xxoo
-Eva

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...I think my stuff is solidly in the smut category as well.
    It's not like a "and then they fucked" no plot situation, but I don't purple prose around the act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Me too! Know I don't mind reading stuff that is more drawn out sometimes, but I just don't like to write like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews